I know – I have not blogged for months and this is possibly one of the reason’s why – lack of time! So we are expanding and adding to our team. If you are reading this blog and are happily employed but you know of someone who could be a great fit please forward this posting to them.
Office Manager / Expeditor
Gillian Gillies Interiors Inc. is expanding and we are looking for new team member. If you are self-motivated, honest, discreet and personable then this could be the job for you! You must be organized and adept at handling multiple tasks and personalities all at the same time.
Applicants must have their own car at their disposal as this job will involve travel in and around the GTA. Minimum 20 hr. week, split over 4 days with the understanding that this role will demand additional hours / days at peak times. Gillian Gillies Interiors studio is located in the Sherwood Park neighbourhood in Toronto.
Job overview – responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage behind the scenes of a busy residential interior design office.
- Communicate clearly with vendors, trades & clients via phone and email.
- Maintain order tracking sheets for projects to ensure items arrive when required.
- Ensure client files and site binders are kept up to date with all pertinent information at all times. Assist with month end invoicing and general book-keeping (full training will be provided on DesignDocs).
- General office duties – filing, ensuring vendor pricing is current, opening and closing live and completed client files.
- Work in tandem initially with Gillian on all website and social media related tasks with the understanding that some of these will become your sole responsibility.
- Schedule and assist with photo-shoots.
- Assist with final day installations.
- Travel to trade shows within Canada and US with Gillian if required.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Clear communicator – be able to converse easily with clients, trades & vendors. Ability to prioritize is essential. Your day can change at a moment’s notice and candidates must be able to juggle with competing demands.
- Strong time management skills.
- Previous experience in a support role is essential.
- Be willing to learn and become proficient in DesignDocs.
- Have a keen interest in interior design.
- Excellent PC skills. Must be tech savvy, working knowledge of Houzz, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Evernote is an asset.
If you are interested in joining Gillian Gillies Interiors Inc. please forward a cover letter and resume to Gillian Gillies at Gillian@gilliangillies.com.
Please mark Office Manager / Expeditor in the subject line.